Organization idea: Recycling cardboard boxes

We live in a small two-bedroom home. Storage space tends to be lacking. I always am looking for ways to organize or store so that I can fit more in. I consider that efficiency of space. I also include recycling in my attempts so I don’t have to spend a lot of money buying storage solutions.
Yesterday, I spent some time organizing my dresser drawers. I used empty shoe boxes, cut open heavy cereal boxes from the bulk store, and interesting cardboard boxes that contained gifts.

It is easier to find what I need. In addition, if the cardboard boxes wear out, I can just drop them in the recycling and I never spent anything on them really. Some of these, I used Duck Tape. Others, I wrap in brown paper.


I add cedar balls, scent packets, and even dryer sheets to the drawers. Bugs don't like them and so far, we haven't had trouble with bugs that our friends have had. I know some people who have sensitivities to the ingredients in scented items cannot use this idea, but for those who can, it is nice getting clothes out that smell fresh rather than the alternative. They do need to be replaced after a while, but your nose will tell you when.

No comments:

Post a Comment