Brave birds

The baby robins are brave. They watched me walk around the yard for a long time. Then I went in to grab my camera to take a photo of one of the plants and decided to snap them instead. 

I used a zoom and they didn't mind at all. They are huge compared to what they were. Their mom and dad are making sure the duo are well fed. 

After I got inside, I realized that I forgot to take a photo of the plant. Oh, well, baby robins doing great!

***
Well, a little over three hours after posting their nest photo, the dogs wanted outside. I opened the door to let them out and the baby birds took flight. 

Wonderful, but not really because one flew into traffic. The other baby robin landed near a hedge so I was sure it would be fine, but I had to stop traffic and try to scoot his brother off the street! 

The dogs were following the hopping bird and trying to sniff it. They had no intentions of hurting it, but they were curious.

I finally gave up on the idea of scooting the bird as it sat in the middle of traffic and didn't move. Maybe they do that to hide from danger. It wasn't working on the pavement of the street, though. 

I picked it up and carried it to the fence to place it on the top bar so it could go where ever it wanted. It hopped off my hand and took flight again going toward the traffic behind me. 

So I went back after it and people were nice and slowed down in their cars. It finally hopped under a car. I wanted to wait to make sure it was okay, but the parents were going crazy, which I can understand. 

To calm them down, I decided to come back in. The other baby robin by the hedge thought it was hiding which is fine. I left it alone as it sat still. 

I looked out the window a minute ago and I didn't see the baby robin under the car from my angle. I also didn't see any signs it was injured on the road, so hopefully the parents got it to safety.

I was so afraid it was going to get run over or I never would have touched it. I really hope that my scent doesn't scare the parents away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment