Gardening 2015

 I'm going to try to grow some more plants again this year. Sadly, I've been killing my plants for longer than I want to admit, but I have hope again this year.  

 Last year, I tried to grow a catnip plant. It died. However, on the other side of the steps, over five feet away, a batch of catnip sprang to life. It is coming back again this year as the photo above shows. I'm also trying to grow some seedlings in one of those Jiffy Greenhouses with peat pellets. I want to plant them interspersed with my other plants. Companion planting guides recommend catnip to ward off Japanese beetles and other harmful insects while attracting butterflies and other pollinators.

 Here is the work of the friendly neighborhood squirrel. I'm sure we have more than one, but since I never see the culprit in action, I'll just claim it is one. I have pots set up on the steps ready to start seedlings. The squirrel must have been curious to see what was in the bottom of the pot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment