Nature controls my yard

 
 I'm not a very good identifier of birds, but I think this is a Goldfinch. It is eating sunflower seeds that are growing under our bird feeder. 

 I decided to allow the sunflowers to grow under the bird feeders because I have a lot of trouble keeping plants alive, lately. You can see where the Goldfinches have picked the seeds from the sunflowers. 

 The most interesting thing about this patch of sunflowers is that there is a small bunny living within. We see the little one bolt as we go into the house. The steps to the front door are in the left side of the photo. The most stressful part for us is that the dogs chase the bunny. We honestly hope they never catch it and we are not sure why bunnies keep coming to live in our yard. 

 Here is a mound of dirt. We think we have a mole in our yard. I'm torn. I want the mole to eat the grubs of Japanese Beetles and other bugs that will eat my fruit plants, but it can cause damage around the roots of the fruit plants. I'm researching to find eco-friendly ways to discourage the critter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment