Iosol Iodine, gelatin, and random hints

I'm not pushing any cures onto anyone. I wanted to share what has helped me. 



I have an underactive thyroid, hypothyroidism. I also have diabetes, Type II.  Iosol Iodine is supposed to help both conditions. I researched various sites and various brands. (I'm not pushing any specific brand.) 

I usually have a few drops in my tea, coffee, or other beverages. The last few days, I forgot to have my Iosol Iodine. My fasting blood glucose was 202. I ate and my blood glucose registered at 208. Then I remembered that I hadn't taken my Iosol Iodine. An hour later, my blood sugar dropped to 166, 42 points lower. So I will make sure to take my Iosol Iodine!

I take 5 plus drops a day in my beverages. I'm not a doctor and I don't know your condition. So if you think of adding this supplement to your diet, check with your physician. 


I read on a blog that gelatin helped people lose weight. That caught my attention. On the net, I read that gelatin is supposed to help skin, hair, and nails. I have eczema and psoriasis. I decided to try it for my skin and hopefully reduce the itching.

I didn't notice anything different with my skin, hair, nails, or weight. However, my arthritis didn't bother me as much. My left ankle swells from the inflammation to almost the size of a grapefruit. The swelling reduced greatly, almost disappearing.  

I take an envelop a day in my beverages. I do not endorse any specific gelatin product. I do use Knox because it is unflavored and unsweetened so I can add it to tea or juices and not really notice a change in flavor. 



My crock pot used to have a nifty rubbery strap that held the lid on. I can't find it. So I used cotton clothesline cord because I had it on hand. 


The cotton cord is looped through the handles of the crock and through the handle of the lid. It worked as a last minute replacement for the missing rubbery thing. I'll have to find a replacement or MacGyver something up. 



I sew key rings onto the inside of my purses to hook my keys and other things to. You can buy various size metal clasps or carabiners to clip to the rings. My keys and other small items are easily found in my purse.  



I sew more than one ring onto each purse. I assign certain keys to specific areas of my purse so I always know where the car keys or house keys are supposed to be located. This is particularly helpful when it is dark. 



I try to utilize as much vertical space in my purse as I can. Gravity hides so much on the bottom of my bags. This last one that you see, will hold chapstick, lotion, or anything else that I can fit into a small pouch that will clip to the hook. 

These are my hints. Hope you find some helpful. 




No comments:

Post a Comment