I finally decided to start a blog. I hope to include fun things that happen in my life, including my hobbies.

I have health problems so I cannot always do what I wish that I could. I had a spinal cord injury (sci) in 2003. I am technically a paraplegic, but my spinal cord was not severed and I have regained usage of about 50% of the muscles below my waist. So some days are better than others.

My hobbies include sewing, cooking, and photography. I tend to sew more crafts than clothes. I have, in the past, made plenty of crafts for others, but I hope to make more for me in the upcoming days. I would appreciate the items and I think our house could do with some heartcrafted creations.

I don't cook as much as I would like. I used to bake and make candies before my SCI. Now, it is harder to stand at the counter and stove. My body doesn't always want to cooperate.

I love taking photos of my family (including 5 furbabies), friends, nature, and interesting scenes. I find some architecture to be very eye catching. I consider myself a beginner in all my hobbies, especially photography. I sometimes get a great image, but I need to focus more on the technical aspect to help get the artistic side to reveal the image better.
(just a pretty sunset)

I mentioned that we have five furbabies. We have three cats and two dogs.
Vex & Lathandar, our oldest, 10 y.o. this last April. The eye shine makes them look evil. Yikes!

Padawan & Jedi are 5 y.o. earlier this month. I find this photo funny because Jedi is trying to push his brother out of the photo, a lot like human kids.

Here is Mystique, 4 y.o. a month ago, on the counter, where she is not supposed to be, sitting on  a plate and knocking things over. She had the nerve to give a startled meow and act like she hadn't done anything wrong.

They are all spoiled, but that is okay. They often "help" me with my hobbies. When I sew, the cats tend to want to "test" the comfort of my material by cuddling on it as I try to sew. The dogs "test" the durability of the material by playing tug with anything that falls over the edge of the desk.
Scrappy quilt for charity.

Making a quilt is quite an endeaver as I have to move each cat to a comfortable spot for them that allows me to move the quilt section better into the sewing machine as I tug the corner of the quilt back from the dogs. It's okay. I wouldn't trade them for anything.

Of course, the pets have to help me in the kitchen as they beg for a taste of whatever I am making. They act as if we never feed them, but you can tell they eat well.
The puppies asking for a taste.

I wish they would cooperate better when I have my camera out. It is difficult for me to get their photos taken. I keep trying and they keep making it difficult. They must think it is some type of game.
Mystique is hiding her eyes because she didn't like the flash. *sigh*

This will be the end for now as my arms find it difficult to type as the youngest, Mystique, lays across my arms. It is her way of "helping" me on the computer. Hope I didn't make too many errors.

No comments:

Post a Comment