Baby Robbins

Some time last year, a bird tried to nest above our front door light. Then the poor thing discovered that we lived inside that big door right beside where it was putting the nest. The bird left. We thought it best to leave the remains of the nest as a deterrent to other birds. 


Well, it didn't work. Robins built a nest over the other one and there are eggs. We never noticed the new nest because we were used to the old nest being there. The only reason that I noticed the nest, and it took a while, was that I kept getting chirped at by the robins whenever I went outside.

I finally saw one of the robins flying to the nest after being outside for a while checking my peppermint plant. (It does look like it is going to live. I was worried.) So I had my husband hold up my camera and he got this photo on May 23. 

Today, I got a message saying that the eggs probably hatched by now. I had no clue so I looked. Here are two babies. They look so helpless.

Here is a shot that shows the third egg. So it has not hatched. I know nothing of birds, so I don't know if it means that it will hatch later or if it won't hatch at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment